As published in The Hubs.
The latest Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism infographic summarizes its “State of the News Media 2012” report. Highlights of which are:
- 23% of U.S. adults get news from two devices
- 44% own a smart phone, and 18% own a tablet computer
- 70% get their news from a desktop computer, and 56% from tablets
- 64% of those employed full time own a tablet computer
- Twitter is more highly regarded than Facebook as a source of news story recommendations.
The Inbound Marketing Process Infographic
History of Marketing Infographic
Traditionally, the first few weeks of any new year gives us so much optimism and hopefulness. 2012 is no different. In fact, this blog starts with our hopes for Cloud Computing for 2012 via a great BBC interview and the rest of the content follows the same pattern.
If how the first 2 weeks started is a gauge, then 2012 will likely be a good year.
Here are the top news in and around the web for the last two weeks. This blog starts with three (3) great interviews followed by two equally exciting announcements – all are foundations to another great cloud year.
- The Forum BBC presents The Next Generation: Hopes and Dreams | Morphlabs CEO Winston Damarillo was among four young movers and shakers in their respective fields who lent their perspective for what 2012 might hold for us. Winston’s unique perspective as a software entrepreneur from a developing country and who believes cloud computing can transform developing countries can be heard from this audio file.
- Innovation and Investment at Venture Summit Silicon Valley | Toward the end of 2012, Morphlabs presented at the Innovation and Investment forum to create a litmus test on whether the venture world has come to understand the evolution of cloud computing technology and a validation that hybrid cloud will be the theme of the coming year for the enterprise.
- The Power of Cloud Computing | Another video interview of what is in store for Cloud Computing with CloudExpo Conference Chair Jeremy Geelan. Winston spoke on the two sets of users that benefit from the cloud – “users from the developed countries and users from the developing countries, the ‘Next Eleven’ emerging countries.
- Morphlabs Partners with Telx | True to its promise of providing a global platform for delivering the ideal hosted private cloud solution to the enterprise, together with Telx, Morphlabs’ Dynamic Resource Scaling (DRS) technology can now be leveraged to scale computes and storage on dedicated hardware on-demand — not only locally, but also remotely via a Carrier Ethernet exchange.
- OASIS Forms TOSCA Technical Committee to Advance Open Standard for Cloud Portability | Morphlabs and 16 other companies collaborate on formulating standards for deploying interoperable cloud applications. Having open standards around cloud will help achieve an IT environment with fewer boundaries, increase the speed of adoption and add a new level of flexibility. The beneficiaries of TOSCA will be consumers, developers and providers of cloud-based solutions. Read more about it here
With all these updates, cloud news is indeed looking up. We hope you agree with us. So, what are your hopes and dreams for Cloud computing for this year and beyond?
All images were taken by and from the cheap camera of the author. Please enjoy and share if you wish to. More on this Facebook page.
And on the last pic, those are my parents who celebrated their 45th Wedding anniversary. Definitely a year to celebrate. Belatedly or not, am going to the Philippines to add more to this growing list of pics of what’s fun in my mother country. See you soon Paparazzi and Mamarazzi!